I may not have mentioned it here as much as I want to, but I am a dancer. I have been dancing since I was 5 or 6 years old, and I fell in love with it immediately. I started out with ballet, then hiphop, then belly dancing, tried hula dancing for a bit, now focusing on latin ballroom dancing.
People said that I’m one of those people who were born to dance. I’d like to think that. Dance for me isn’t just something I do for fun. I take it very seriously, and if I were given the change to start my life all over again, I’d honestly construct my life around dance. I like the idea of training everyday. It’s a tough thing to do, but I love the challenge.
To explain further, I give you 5 reasons why I love dance
- Dance Studios. I like how there’s so much space to move in a studio. While in a dance studio, you can actually dance without having anyone to judge you. Because for me, all I see in a dance studio is myself – my reflection in the mirror, trying to get every step right. A studio is very calming, and someday, I’d love to have one or at least own one.
- Blisters. Now, before you start cringing about the thought of hundreds of blisters on your feet, these for me are like my battle scars. haha. I know how silly that sounds, but I like seeing something that reminds me of all the hard work I’ve put in a dance.
- Costumes. I like fashion and dressing up. It’s nice to wear non-normal clothes once in a while.
- Applause. I find joy and seeing other people happy. Knowing that they appreciated what you did in front of them is some what fulfilling : )
- Choreography. It is only during this time where you will realize your true potential. A choreographer knows that you have no limits, and yet the dancer always holds back. I like how in each choreography, I get to experiment with new tricks,moves, and I get to see myself becoming a better dancer each rehearsal time.
Like I said, if I could rewrite my life all over again, I would choose the path that would let me dance forever. What a simpler life that would be.