I’m turning 20 in about a month, and I thought that I would do this just for kicks. It’s a less-pressure version of the “Things I will do before I die” thing because this time, rather than hoping to do a ton of crazy things, I will enjoy reflecting on the number of fun and crazy things I’ve already done.
1. I traveled alone for the first time to London. I applied for an internship at the Philippine Department of Tourism in London 2 years ago, and I got the job. I shared the experience with one of my closest friends, Trisha!
2. I went to the top of the Eiffel Tower. That was the dream, and I’m glad I got to go with my friends!
3. I fell in love with SFO and NY.
4. I got to be on two places at once. We were on a bridge between Strasbourg, France and Kehl, Germany. We just looked for the center of the bridge and did the whole A Walk to Remember thing.
5. I, along with a number of my friends, decided to go to Tagaytay, an area outside Manila, at 3am while we were all tipsy because we wanted some Bulalo. However, when my friends were eating, I wanted to stay in the car and sleep. I had a dance competition that same day, and I needed all the energy I could get. I woke up, though, just in time to see the sunrise!
6. I won a search-for-the-Girl’s Scout-‘muse’ (i cannot think of a better term) thing when I was in the 4th grade. HAHA.
7. I became president of an organization at my school. Mixing work with dance – best combination ever.
8. I got to meet the 15th President of the Philippines, Benigno Aquino III.
9. I helped fellow Filipinos who were harshly affected by The Habagat and Ondoy, two natural disasters that damaged our country greatly.
10. I went bowling for the first time ever in my life.
11. I rode on a camel.
12. When I was in high school, I only studied 2 hours before a speech exam, and got the highest score in class. (More YOLO moments like that in college. ;] )
13. I joined my first ever Dance Sport Competition : )
14. I learned how to speak French and Spanish.
15. I attended a Maroon 5 Concert!!
16. I went to the Harry Potter Studio in Leavesden Studio. I went there by myself, and fan girled like there was no tomorrow.
17. I taught myself how to play the guitar.
18. I studied in one of the best universities in the country, the Ateneo de Manila University and finally, after four years of mixture of YOLO-ing and serious moments, I got my degree.
19. I trained in ballet, hip-hop, hula dancing, belly dancing, and latin ballroom.
20. Rode on a roller coaster. This is a legit accomplishment for me because I am afraid of heights.
I lived for 2 decades already! That’s a loooooong time. I cannot wait for whatever life has to throw at me. I cannot wait to go on more adventures and collect more memories. All I can say is, “Come at me, bro”.