Now, instead of saying France, London, New York, etc., (besides, I feel those are already assigned to this whole 30 day challenge haha) I chose Disneyland Theme Parks because of many reasons.
1. The food. I really really like their themed food. If you go to Tomorrowland, you get a different kind of popcorn. If you go to Adventureland, you get a whole selection of deliciousness. I also really like the tumblers and buckets where they place the food. My all time favorite is the honey popcorn from Tokyo Disneyland. They put it in this cute Pooh Bear popcorn tub, and it was the perfect sweet-salty combination.
2. The Mascots & Characters. I love how the actors are so into their characters. When I was in Disneyland California, my friend, Helena, and I wanted Maleficent’s autograph. She was so scary and intimidating, Helena and I were so shy trying to ask for her autograph. Normally, you’d feel so chill because everyone else was so approachable. Not this witch.
Aside from the human characters, the mascots are so adorable and friendly! I loved looking for a certain character and asking for their autograph. If I remember correctly, the theme park would give you a small booklet that you needed to fill with stickers. If the booklet says for example, “look for Goofy”, and you found Goofy, he’d give you the sticker to place on your booklet. It was such a fun thing to do! The best memory I have of the characters was when I was at Disney World Florida, and they all were singing and dancing in front of Cinderella’s Castle. Mickey Mouse and his friends were there, as well as Cruella de Vil, Chip and Dale, the princesses and so many more.
3. Street Parades! Need I say more? You get to see almost all of the Disney characters in one spectacular parade. I love seeing Pooh Bear and the gang in their Hundred Acre Woods themed float. Too cute! And, aside from paying attention to the characters, I would equally pay attention to the dance moves of the dancers. There was a point in my childhood that I wanted to be a Disneyland Theme Park dancer. The floats and costumes were just UH-MAY-ZING. Really? People did that? Really? For me, the electrical parade is my favorite! Look at all those lights and colors!
4. The rides. Disneyland isn’t all about just the roller coasters. They have other fun rides too, which I like and am very thankful for. I’m not a big fan of roller coasters, but I like water rides. I liked the ‘Tarzan’s Treehouse’ ride in Hong Kong Disneyland.
I really liked this Pirates in the Caribbean ride that was inside their themed restaurant, if I remember correctly. We rode the boat, then it brought us inside a tunnel where we saw the Pirates of the Caribbean characters, treasures chests, treasures maps, and just everything pirate. I remember there was a drop too towards the end of the ride, so that was fun!
I lost my roller coaster virginity to this. My older sister wanted to ride a roller coaster, and she convinced me to go with her. I was so scared. I was saying, “I want to get off!!”, but too late. It was already moving. I did not scream, I did not say anything while it was going God knows how fast. My sister, however, was having the time of her life. It was one of the most terrifying, yet, fun experience of my life. Although, I like riding the Space Shuttle coasters. I think it’s because I can’t see anything so I don’t really know which way is up, which way’s down. That works for me. (You weirdo.) I’d like to conquer my fear one day. Maybe, I should start with those caterpillar ones.
5. Fireworks. For me, Disneyland has the best fireworks display out of all that I have seen. They announce that there’s going to be a fireworks display at around 9 or 10 in the evening. So, when it’s near that time, people are already gathering in front of Cinderella’s Castle. It begins when Tinkerbell flies towards the castle or when you start hearing music playing. Then, all of a sudden, someone narrates something, (most probably it’s the Fairy Godmother) and beautiful colors appear in perfect synchronization. As a kid watching all of that happen, I felt so happy, and they were really able to capture that magical moment for everyone. They provide you with a perfect ending to tie everything together.
Now that I’m not a kid anymore, I’d love to go back with friends or family members and experience and feel the same thing when I was younger. I’d love to create more memories in the happiest place in the world.
Disneyland Theme Parks for my ‘Favorite Travel Destination’.